In the past I had relied on Mark’s wonderful camera ability for most of the pictures on this blog. However, I wanted to be able to take pictures of the solo games I played and some of the figures I had painted. The problem was that I had not owned a camera since I was about 12 years old and I don’t have a smart phone (I don’t have a cell phone at all, but that’s another story). I decided that I needed to remedy this problem. Yesterday I was reading about taking pictures of miniatures and at possible cameras. My wife informed me that she had a digital camera that she really didn’t use anymore and I could use it. It was a few years old, but since I know almost nothing about taking pictures, I felt that wouldn’t really matter as long as it had a decent macro mode. So these are some of my first attempts at photographing miniatures. Let’s see how they look once they get on the blog.
I started with some 15mm Blue Moon cowboys that I have painted (they still needed to be dullcoated).
Those seemed to turn out all right so I tried a 25mm Old Glory Mexican Revolution figure I had painted some time ago.
I then tried an extra 15mm American Revolution dragoon (Stone Mountain).
The above photo was raw with no automatic image correct. Looks all right.
The above photo was redone with the image auto correct function. I think it looks a little better.
Overall, the photos seemed decent enough for my first try so I’ll keep taking more pictures; even if they are not great, they do add to the content of the blog.